WATERKANT IS LOOKING FOR AN
ASSISTENT IN CONTENT CREATION & (ONLINE) COMMUNICATION
Waterkant is a bar-restaurant in the center of Amsterdam, inspired by De Waterkant in Paramaribo. Inclusiveness and diversity is important to us. This is reflected in our staff, our partners and our programming. We want to represent this principle even more in our organisation and in our (online) communication. That's why we recently created a new branding branch. This branch is dedicated to our society and community of Waterkant. It includes a music platform, parties and events such as ADE and Pride, online content, live music, merchandise and much more…
Job description and activities
As an assistant in Content Creation & (Online) Communication you are co-responsible for the brand Waterkant and its subbrands. You manage our website, social media channels and you are co-responsible for all brand communication, internally and externally. This includes thinking up and designing social media content with accompanying text items, creating and editing video content and designing ads, posters and flyers. In close co-operation with the Waterkant team, you will organize and execute new and existing campaigns, projects and events.
- Managing and (co-)creating content and communication on all possible channels, online and offline: IG/FB/LI/TT, website, posters, flyers.
- Shooting and/or editing photos and videos.
- Devise and execute new social campaigns and events.
- Support the event programming and production.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Room for own initiative and self development.
- A creative workplace with lots of responsibility.
- The best lunch and dinner during office days.
- Young and fun colleagues (who think they are funny).
- An informal and social company culture where you are constantly challenged to work hard while still having fun
- Competitive salary
- A work week of 28 - 36 hours (in consultation)
- Sopi, nyanyan and fesa
WHO ARE YOU?
As an assistant in Content Creation & (Online) Communication you assist the Brand & Event manager of Waterkant. Together, you will do everything to keep the Waterkant brand and its sub-brands relevant and attractive. You have affinity with Suriname and love the hospitality industry and nightlife. You are interested in (cultural) events in the broadest sense of the word and you know what is going on in the field of diversity and inclusion. You are flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends. You are a team player, easy going and at the same time independent and assertive.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- You can translate stories into graphic ideas and translate them into content.
- You are creative, proactive, responsible and driven.
- You are experienced in the use of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects. Or want to get better at this.
- You understand the online world and what works there (and what doesn't).
- You are communicatively strong and have a good command of the (Dutch and) English language.
- A good mood and an assertive attitude.
If you are interested in this offer, please send us your motivational cover letter and portfolio: